Since 2001, I have been involved in the continuous development of websites and other web products. I am a Technical Project Manager with interdisciplinary expertise who specializes in Web development, online marketing, user experience (UX), Web accessibility (WCAG), internationalization, and domains names.
Between 2006 and 2014, I worked as a technical director and project manager, with and without personal responsibility, in international Web projects of different size and shape.
From 2014 to 2017, my focus was on management consulting for digital products. The creation of concepts as well as the collection and evaluation of decision-relevant data were my daily business.
Since 2017, I work as Senior Web Project Manager and Solution Architect for one of my long-term clients. During this time, I compiled an inventory of all globally existing web assets (domain names, websites, technical platforms, etc.) and developed a concept for modernization. The goal is to transform the various monolithic, silo-like web platforms into a modern (micro) service architecture and to harmonize front-end designs and data sources while keeping an eye on user experience and accessibility.
- 01/2016 - present
- Internet Society German Chapter e.V. https://www.isoc.de/ Currently: Board of Directors
- 11/2015 - present
- LaTeX Project https://www.latex-project.org/ Front-End Web Developer
- 11/2012 - 10/2013
- W3C WCAG Working Group https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/ Invited Expert
- 10/2012 - present
- Internet Society https://www.internetsociety.org/ Global Member
- 09/2011 - 07/2015
- W3C HTML Working Group https://www.w3.org/html/ Invited Expert
- 08/2010 - 08/2014
- Attraktor e.V. https://attraktor.org/ Founding Member
- 01/2009 - 06/2009
- Debian Project (DebConf) https://www.debian.org/ Front-End Web Developer
- 08/2008 - 08/2011
- Chaos Computer Club Hamburg e.V. https://www.hamburg.ccc.de/ Member
- Management Consulting
- Product Management
- Project Management
- Front-End Web Design
- Front-End Development
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Search Engine Advertising (SEA)
- Online Marketing
- User Experience (UX)
- Web Analytics
- Agile (Scrum, Kanban)
Tools & Technologies
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS3)
- Hypertext Markup Language (HTML5)
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
When I am not playing with technology, I play with music under the pseudonym DJ Jab.